Asterion, Inc. (“Asterion”) has experience in assisting businesses, funds, law firms and individuals when business owners are in dispute with their fellow owners.
- Need to know the value of your business or share of the business?
- Need to understand what each owner is taking out of the business?
- Need to determine a solution to divorce yourself from the other business owners?
- Need someone to act as a neutral so owners can resolve their financial disagreements?
- Need assistance in determining how to fund the buyout of other ownership interests?
Asterion can help with:
- Preparing a business for sale from a financial perspective.
- Forensic analyses of cash flows and money being removed from the business.
- Valuation analyses and determination of fair market value.
- Quantifying the financial impact of potential transactions.
- Structuring the most efficient buyout alternative.
- Discovery requests, including document requests, depositions and interrogatories.
- Quantifying damages, from shareholder oppression, breach of fiduciary duty to fraud or other causes of action.
- Review and rebuttal of opposing expert reports.
- Settlement analyses and expert witness testimony.
Our experts will document, present and defend their findings as part of a negotiation, board presentation, formal report, or as an expert witness in arbitration proceedings, or in state or Federal courts. Members of the Asterion team have testified on behalf of both Plaintiffs and Defendants.
Experience and Knowledge
Members of the Asterion team have advanced degrees in business and finance and possess numerous professional certifications, including:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Accredited Senior Appraiser
- Certified in Distressed Business Valuation
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Certified Licensing Professional
- Certified Internal Controls Auditor