Asterion, Inc. (“Asterion”) has extensive experience in Forensic, Valuation and IP services in both dispute and transaction settings. We work with public accounting firms to assist their clients in situations when there are ethical or business conflicts.
Do you have a matter:
- Where there is a “business divorce” and your firm represents the business or more than one of the parties in dispute?
- Where a client needs a valuation but you perform attest work and are precluded from assisting the client?
- In which your client is looking for an arbitrator or a neutral consultant in a business dispute or negotiation?
- In which a client needs a royalty or contract compliance “audit” and you have a business relationship with some of the other parties?
- Where there is a need for a forensic examination of an issue where your firm does attest work and has an appearance of a conflict or actual conflict?
- In which an attest client needs expert witness services?
Qualified ExpertsMembers of our team provide the proper guidance and expertise necessary to analyze and quantify value, determine the economic impact of various situations on a business, or perform a forensic investigation. Our members will document, present and defend their findings as part of a negotiation, board presentation, insurance claim, or as an expert witness in arbitration proceedings or in state or Federal courts. Members of the Asterion team have testified on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants.
Experience and KnowledgeMembers of the Asterion team have advanced degrees in business and finance and possess numerous professional certifications, including:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Accredited Senior Appraiser
- Certified Licensing Professional
Click here to download pdf version of our Services for Accounting Firm Conflicts one page summary.
Locations: Philadelphia, PA | Manhattan, NY | Allentown, PA