Asterion, Inc. (“Asterion”) has extensive experience providing forensic, valuation and consulting services to family law attorneys and their clients.
Do you have a matter with complicated assets such as:
- A closely-held business, partnership, limited partnership or LLC?
- Stock options or awards?
- Retirement assets and other investment accounts?
- Assets which may have been earned before the marriage or after the date of separation?
We can help with:
- Discovery –
- Requesting the right documents to get the information needed to answer the questions that should be asked.
- Forensic accounting –
- Determining the correct allocation of marital versus non-marital assets;
- Uncovering hidden assets;
- Searching for unreported income from a cash business;
- Calculating net income available for support;
- Lifestyle analysis;
- Determining net worth; and
- Asset tracing.
- Business Valuation –
- Valuation of businesses of all sizes;
- Calculation of appreciation in the value of the business during the marriage;
- Determination of reasonable compensation; and
- Analysis of benefits and perquisites to the business owners.
- Review and rebuttal of opposing expert reports
- Provision of analysis and advice on economic and tax issues
- Negotiations and settlement
- Expert witness testimony
Qualified ExpertsMembers of our team provide the proper guidance and expertise necessary to analyze and quantify value, or the economic impact of various situations, so appropriate decisions can be made. Our members document, present and defend their findings as part of a negotiation or mediation, or as an expert witness in arbitration proceedings and various domestic relations forums.
Experience and KnowledgeMembers of the Asterion team have advanced degrees in business and finance and possess numerous professional certifications, including:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Accredited Senior Appraiser
- Certified Licensing Professional
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor
- Certified in Distressed Business Valuation
Click here to download pdf version of our Family Law one page summary.
Locations: Philadelphia, PA | New York, NY | Allentown, PA | Woodbridge, NJ