Asterion, Inc. (“Asterion”) has extensive experience providing expert and consulting advice related to the financial and economic issues of evaluating intellectual property (“IP”).
Consulting ServicesAsterion assists businesses and their legal advisors to navigate the financial and economic complexities related to IP disputes. Members of the Asterion team apply their IP testimony expertise in a confidential consulting and supporting role. Asterion consultants:
- Evaluate damage models and prepare exposure analyses prior to filing.
- Determine the incremental value of the technology in dispute.
- Analyze documents prior to and during discovery.
- Work with technical consultants to evaluate non-infringing alternatives and potential design-around options.
- Develop allocation and apportionment methodologies for royalty models.
- Evaluate economic demand for patented features/technology.
- Analyze and model the impact of different royalty structures on risk shifting and economic exposure.
- Develop and model settlement scenarios and exposures.
- Assess exit strategies.
Experience and KnowledgeMembers of the Asterion team have advanced degrees in business and finance and possess numerous professional certifications, including:
- Certified Licensing Professional
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Accredited Senior Appraiser
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor
- Certified in Distressed Business Valuation
Click here to download pdf version of our IP Damages & Economic Consulting one page summary.
Locations: Philadelphia, PA | New York, NY | Allentown, PA | Woodbridge, NJ