Asterion, Inc. (“Asterion”) has extensive experience providing expert and consulting advice related to professional negligence damages, as well as accounting malpractice liability and damages, including adherence to applicable professional standards.
Asterion assists businesses and their legal advisors to navigate the financial and economic complexities related to professional negligence claims. Members of the Asterion team apply their professional experience in confidential consulting and supporting roles or as testifying experts. Asterion consultants:
- Evaluate damage models and prepare exposure analyses prior to and after filing.
- Analyze documents prior to and during discovery.
- Evaluate economic and industry conditions and their impact on the damage calculation.
- Analyze and model the impact of different scenarios and their effects on damages.
- Assess exit strategies.
- Testify in depositions and at trial.
Additional Services for Accounting Malpractice Claims
- Assess adherence to applicable professional standards.
- Prepare certificates of merit.
- Evaluate causal issues related to claims.
Experience and Knowledge
Members of the Asterion team have advanced degrees in business and finance and possess numerous professional certifications, including:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Certified Internal Controls Auditor
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Accredited Senior Appraiser
- Certified in Distressed Business Valuation
- Certified Licensing Professional